Tuesday, October 28, 2008

act like you do give a shit

was just talking to Ww about someone, and he shared with me that he really liked the way this guy converses. it's not hilariously funny or deeply insightful, but it's just the way he responses, as though he gives a shit. to Marcus, it's his 'i do care about this shit you're telling me' replies which matter, but for me, i see more than that. when i speak to him, i know he's frank and doesn't lie (not all the time, but in conversations) and these traits, most of all, don't usually come from people (stereopytically) of his ilk.
now it's not what it means to Weiwen and what it means to me here which matters, however, it's the kind of response. many people around us also reply with i-do-give-a-shit replies, and they, undoubtedly, play a role in making ourselves feel slightly more welcomed by our friends, or feel smart by being able to talk about releavant stuff. it beats talking shit to someone who doesn't even give a shit so as to make you feel like shit.
this thing about people's responses has been in me for quite a while now, but i've never really shared it with anyone until Marcus brought it up today - only for me to realise that i myself don't watch my responses. I usually make sure my replies don't hurt, but what i don't do is make sure they make the other party feel good. part of the more evil part of me even sees me at times deliberately giving i-don't-give-a-shit replies so as to deter the other party from talking to me, be it myself not liking the person or feel like talking then. but every other party is still a human and humans should be treated with respect (and maybe if you do good to them, they or some other person, will return the favour in that or some other way, back to you!) so that is something i shall begin to look out for since i'm supposed to be good boy till the 7th and hopefully after!

one more thing, i like Marcus cause he usually tells me about irrelavant and intangible observations and conclusions of things he sees and feels towards, backing them up with horrid, absurd reasonings. those reasonings, somehow, make a little sense and thus get me thinking too. we then discuss.

no school tmr, pw at josh's place. cb.

28/10/08, 9:13pm.

No comments: