Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Story of My Uneventful Day

above: Grandmaster Ip Man & Donnie Yen playing the role of the man

even uneventful days can become stories, and that's because of events which make the day uneventful. but hey, if a day has events, then how can it be uneventful?

so anyway, Weiwen spent last night here, since he wasn't too comfortable sleeping at Damian's chalet cause they weren't exactly going to sleep haha, so he headed here just nice on the last 76 bus to my place (which, if you want to know, broke down 1 stop before my house bus stop).

so he had to wake up at 10am to go for choir in school, and because of that i used it as an excuse not to go to school for frisbee at 9:30am but sleep in til Weiwen had to leave. then upon his departure, my uneventful day began. played the remaining of my 200+ poker chips away on FB before making my own lunch which i was contented with (both the food and myself) and watched Ip Man while eating them. Ip Man was so awesome til i feel like learning Wing Chun when i have the time. haha i don't know how serious am i on that but one day i can thrash your balls like Ip Man then you'll know i'm serious.

foolishly napped my time away from 3-5 after that, before going for guitar lesson. now here comes the event which made my uneventful day qualified to become a story.

after guitar lesson, i thought of a song which i then wanted to hear very badly. it was Green Grass and High Tides by the Outlaws so i plugged my iPod in on the way to the bus stop and listened to the first 30 secs of it? until i saw Shawn Lau. so i talked to him til we got on the 57 and talked to him til we got off at the same bus stop which was his house and the bus stop for me to change bus. meeting him wasn't a bad idea, other than the fact that it prevented me from hearing the song which popped up in my head and made me want to hear. SO, i took out my iPod and tuned in to the same song, and listened to the first 2 mins of it (song is 10 mins) til my 73 came.

BUT upon getting onto the bus, i met Mingxuan so i plugged out the earphones and we began chatting about life and hockey. i knew i would only drop 3 stops after him so no point holding onto the iPod so i kept it. chatted, then dropped and walked home normally like a normal poor boy in shorts shirt slippers with no music player and a noob 3120 Nokia handphone. got home, AND I STILL HAVEN'T HEARD MY SONG IN FULL. but nevermind i'm having dinner which tastes nice so i'm glad hoho.

08/01/09, 8:33pm.

No comments: